Monday, August 4, 2014

4th of August
Intern Shareef's Blog #38:
  ACAPULCO!!! So we headed to Acapulco at midnight on what is technically saturday. So we got on our bus for 5 hours. We slept most of the time so it wasn't bad at all. After we got off the bus we walked down to this big street and walked for a long time. It was not fun with a heavy backpack on and we weren't 100% where our hotel was. So we went to a Starbucks down the street so we could use their internet and find how far we were. It turned out that our hotel was just 1 block away. So we headed to the hotel and since it was 6 o'clock in the morning we couldn't check in to our hotel. So we still got to go have breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel and we laid by the pool and watched the waves pass by, as well as all of the crabs on the rocks. It was so beautiful, soon after writing my blog we dropped our stuff off with the front desk and headed to the beach. When we got there the sand was not really sand but a whole bunch of shells crushed down to little tiny minerals. It was nice at the beach because I was able to get in the water and it was warm. It was also a lot of fun because I could do this with my uncle and he and I had a lot of fun with the big waves. This is pretty much what we did all day and the next, but the night in Acapulco my uncle took me to go see the cliff divers. It was amazing how high they jumped off and even a few little kids did it but they only jumped off like 1/3rd of what the adult divers did but it was still really high and impressive for little kids. In Acapulco we took the bus around and they were all so cool, especially because each of them had a theme for example we went on a Looney Tunes bus and Bob Marley bus. It was filled with paintings of the theme on the inside and outside of the bus. On the inside they also had disco lights and loud speakers, so it was kind of like a party bus. On sunday we also were on the beach for awhile and then we left back to D.F at 2:00. 
  The ride back was so long instead of it being a 5 hour drive it was a 7 and a half hour ride. It was so exhausting. I was awake pretty much the whole time too (except for 1 hour.) So we tried to keep busy by watching the movies (in spanish) and I watched one movie (Robots, which is a cartoon) and two first parts of two different movies (Percy Jackson and Life of Pi) I probably would have watched the rest of those movies but I wanted to watch them in english when I got back home so I didn't want them ruined for me. When we got home I talked to my family and then at 11:00pm my uncle and I went to eat our final dinner together for Mexico summer of 2014. We got Quesadillas and brought them home. The salsa we got on the side was green salsa and ended up being super spicy for me which is so weird because I didn't have any problems all summer with spicy foods until now. It was so good though so I kept putting on big portions of the salsa on my Quesadilla. After that we headed to bed.
  This morning I woke up and started on my final blog (sort of.) Well I have learned a lot from Mexico and I am not sure yet how I will react going back to the States. So wish me luck, I am so happy to have had this experience this summer, and so very fortunate because not very many 15 year olds can do this. I had probably the best summer of my life so far out here and it hurts to say goodbye. I am just so happy I was able to do this with my awesome uncle. I hope I may be able to return again one day, and if you want to read my new blog here is the link:

  I am going to be writing about my overall experience of Mexico and what it is like to have reverse culture shock as I return. I hope you will enjoy!
- Shareef

No comments:

Post a Comment