Sunday, July 27, 2014

26th of July, 2014
Intern Shareef's Blog #31:
  This morning I woke up at 9:05. It was 55 minutes before we were supposed to leave to the museum. So I had 55 minutes to get up, get ready for the day, and go eat breakfast. So I was able to do that pretty easily. After all that we walked to this mountain that had a tram on it. The tram took us from one mountain to another. It was really amazing seeing all of Zacatecas up above. When we got to the other mountain there was a long hill up to the museum. Along the hill there were people selling a bunch of little trinkets and jewelry and such. During the walk my uncle bought me this really cool necklace of the Aztec calendar. It is the same necklace that he has so now we have matching necklaces! It's amazing how much effort went in to making it. There is so many tiny details it's crazy. When we arrived at the top we got to the museum and it was kind of small but still interesting. They didn't have a lot of places to read so I mostly looked at the artifacts. (Even though I wouldn't be able to comprehend it very well anyways.) At the museum they had lots of old weapons and coins. It is so interesting to see the advance in technology with weapons from back then to now. For example the design of the guns back then look more fragile then the design of guns today. After the museum we walked around a bit and saw some interesting horse statues, a monument with peoples bodies inside, and a big soccer field that I could see from the mountain. When we finished looking around the mountain we walked over to go do a zip line! It was really huge and high off the ground but was just a straight shot nothing curvy or a path to somewhere or anything like that, just a straight line to one side  and a straight line back. The only people who rode it was me, Sophia, and Miranda (if you ever read this sorry if I spelt your name wrong.) They are the girls that I mentioned yesterday the girls I embarrassed myself in front of when I fell out of the van. So it was really cool though  and a lot of fun. It was my first time going zip-lining so it was a good experience! After the zip-line we headed back down the mountain but this time we didnt take the tram, we walked. It was a long walk down, it probably took us about 20-30 minutes or so to get from the top to the cathedral that was still ...

The rest of this blog was lost due to bad internet service..

No comments:

Post a Comment