Thursday, July 3, 2014

3rd of July, 2014
Intern Shareef's Blog #8:
  Today was a less productive day besides a few things. It started off with me sleeping in a half hour and my uncle brought my breakfast to me (awe that's so nice of him.) Then we headed to campus the usual, and I had spanish class, after that there was a meeting for the students to learn about Mexican culture. It was very interesting and my spanish teacher was teaching it, he spoke in spanish but wrote down everything he was saying in english on the powerpoint. A few things I learned were about how Oaxaca was the first to use pottery and the indigenous indians were the people who were pretty much slaves and forced to build and work. They were very good at what they did though because they were able to create all the pyramids and ruins when there was not very "high-tech" technology. After that my uncle, Dr. David and I went to go eat and we had a pretty good time. It was nice to get to know Dr. David a bit better because he is a really, cool, chill, nice guy. Anyways we ate tacos at a different place than usual I ordered the same thing (tacos de pastor) and it was still pretty good but I think I still like the usual place better. After lunch my uncle and I went to go pick up Leticia at the Airport. So that was fun I learned how to get to the Airport on the Metro and we had Krispy Kreme there and it was so good. When Leticia arrived we took her and her kids back to the University because Leticia had a class to teach. So we went back to the hotel while she was teaching and I watched her kids. They were so cute she has a 6 or 7 year old and a 3 or 4 year old, they are so funny and adorable I had a great time watching them, even though kids are very tiring. After a little while my uncle and Leticia came back to the hotel and we went home. When we were heading home on the Metrobus it was very crowded and people were right next to each other so it was very uncomfortable and I can see the difference between personal space on tri-met back home in oregon and personal space in Mexico. We finally got home and I was able to eat and blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment