Thursday, July 31, 2014

31st of July, 2014
Intern Shareef's Blog #36:
  Today was the trip back home to Mexico City. So this morning I got up and we headed to go eat breakfast at the same place as yesterday. Which is really odd because my uncle doesn't like routines, and he is always talking about trying something new. It is okay though because it is nice every once in a while to do the same thing. We also got the same thing but that's only because waffles con fruta was the best thing (in our opinions) on the menu. After that we got all of our stuff and waited for the bus driver by one of the theaters. When he arrived we packed all of our stuff in and hit the road. During the ride we watched this movie about a catholic priest in El Salvador trying to stop the killings. It was very touching and even though I don't like how sad these movies are it makes me want to make a change, but I am not sure how. As I watched movies like these I think how I would help stop these situations if I were president. I don't mean to brag or anything, but I have a lot of good ideas and I'm just saying you never know what the future holds. I could be president, or the wars could stop in El Salvador and begin in the U.S you never know. Anyways after two hours we stopped in this little town where we had lunch. The town was actually quite small, it was one of those towns you might see in a western movie. Where the two guys go in for a stand off and it occurs in the square, where everyone can see. That's what it seemed like to me.
  After the town we headed back on the bus and after the first hour I had to go to the bathroom but I didn't want to say anything because I don't like people having to wait on me. It ended up pretty bad though because we were in there for another hour so I had to wait for an hour. I ended up being alright but it was just uncomfortable. We arrived at the hotel for the students and helped them get their stuff and after that headed to campus to grab more of their stuff. Then my uncle and I headed home with all of our bags and they headed to their hotels. It was not fun having to carry three bags all the way home in an uncomfortable position. So a word of advice "if you ever have to carry things for a long time, make sure they are in a comfortable position." As I left I started thinking about how weird it is going to be without these people. I have spent pretty much everyday with them for the past 5 weeks and I have become so close to them. It is going to be hard to say goodbye because I know, most likely I will never see them again. They might see each other again but the chances are very low for me, especially because I am just 15 years old and they are all 20 something and going on to live their lives that are ahead of them. I just hope I will be able to keep in contact with them because I do love them and they are all like my older siblings I never had.
  After heading home we relaxed for a bit, cleaned, showered because we were all sweaty and gross. Then my uncle asked if I wanted to go see a movie and I said "sure!" He replied with "it starts at 8:00 so you better hurry!"
 I said "What time is it now?" He told me it was 8:01. So we ran to the theater just two blocks down and we got tickets for Dawn of The Planet of The Apes. It was so good and we saw it in 3-D and I was so impressed with the HD quality even in 3-D. (SPOILER ALERT) It was such a good movie to I was just wishing James Franco would come in but he never did so I was disappointed. Anyways no more spoilers. After that we headed home and I got my clothes all packed and I am now going to head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment